Generator - power flow

Hye all.
    Looking for some feedback on the following issues:
    1. Those who are familiar with Etap will notice under the LF tab, we can choose the generator voltage mode as either swing, voltage, Mvar or PF. Having said that, say for example if we chose PF, where do we key in the required PF setpoint? If we choose Mvar, where do we key in the Mvar setpoint and so on. Or does it follow the Var or PF as per rated value that we key in under the nameplate?

2.For the governor which has load sharing( kW sharing), how does this been implemented in Etap?

3.Having said the above, how do we set No.1 in Easypower or SKM? Does it equivalent to PV and PQ bus selection?

Looking for good technical feedback on this.

See More: Generator AVR mode for PF
    Last edited by gustav; 02-05-2018 at 03:46 PM. Reason: -

2. # ADS
    Spons Circuit

Re: Generator - power flow

1. Those who are familiar with Etap will notice under the LF tab, we can choose the generator voltage mode as either swing, voltage, Mvar or PF. Having said that, say for example if we chose PF, where do we key in the required PF setpoint? If we choose Mvar, where do we key in the Mvar setpoint and so on. Or does it follow the Var or PF as per rated value that we key in under the nameplate?
    You can always change the PF at the rating tab, where you can see the "table" for the MW, PF and others. That is where you will set the appropriate setting, always make sure it is also reflected in the LF study case.

2.For the governor which has load sharing( kW sharing), how does this been implemented in Etap?
    same in no. 1, but still, you need to have 1 generator as swing, for the sharing, you will set the other generator for their loading, the swing generator will absorb all other excess of the other generator, if the swing generator loading is in excess to its rating, it will say over loaded, so change the other of the other generator, you will set the kW sharing of these generators.

Example, Setting 2 generators as swing will divide the total loads into 2 equal loads for the generator. If one swing and other voltage, you can set the other generator on how to be loaded, the swing generator will adjust. But sometimes it will be overloaded, so adjust the other generators that the swing generator will not be overloaded.

remember we are only talking of the steady state loading.

3.Having said the above, how do we set No.1 in Easypower or SKM? Does it equivalent to PV and PQ bus selection?
    I dont have easy power, if you are willing to share it with me, I will be willing to help you. Of which i think would be difficult on your part.. hehe..

Looking for good technical feedback on this.
    Hope you had good technical feedback from me.

4.    Sponsored Links

-

Quote Originally Posted by surgeArrester View Post
    You can always change the PF at the rating tab, where you can see the "table" for the MW, PF and others. That is where you will set the appropriate setting, always make sure it is also reflected in the LF study case.

same in no. 1, but still, you need to have 1 generator as swing, for the sharing, you will set the other generator for their loading, the swing generator will absorb all other excess of the other generator, if the swing generator loading is in excess to its rating, it will say over loaded, so change the other of the other generator, you will set the kW sharing of these generators.

Example, Setting 2 generators as swing will divide the total loads into 2 equal loads for the generator. If one swing and other voltage, you can set the other generator on how to be loaded, the swing generator will adjust. But sometimes it will be overloaded, so adjust the other generators that the swing generator will not be overloaded.

remember we are only talking of the steady state loading.

I dont have easy power, if you are willing to share it with me, I will be willing to help you. Of which i think would be difficult on your part.. hehe..

Hope you had good technical feedback from me.
    Thank you for the valuable feedback.
    As far as my research on going, other SW still is using PQ and PV concept which is equivalent.( cant remember which website I read about it).

As for Easypower, unfortunately mine is valid only for my laptop..��������...

Quote Originally Posted by gustav View Post
    Thank you for the valuable feedback.
    As far as my research on going, other SW still is using PQ and PV concept which is equivalent.( cant remember which website I read about it).

As for Easypower, unfortunately mine is valid only for my laptop..😂😂😂😂...
    Good to hear.. That's too bad for Easypower..

I havent tried other software for this matter. Maybe digsilent has another concept since you can set the reference source. But I have only used Etap for most of the time.

Do you have tutorials for PSSE?

Quote Originally Posted by surgeArrester View Post
    Good to hear.. That's too bad for Easypower..

I havent tried other software for this matter. Maybe digsilent has another concept since you can set the reference source. But I have only used Etap for most of the time.

Do you have tutorials for PSSE?
    I do not use psse.But I have some Lab tutorial.Do give me your email.I am not sure it is up to your requirement or not.

I am lookin for course notes on excitation system by Douglas Cope, if any.

8.    Spons.

Re: Generator AVR mode for PF

Does anyone knows how to simulate an event where the excitation is increasing or decreasing and get the plot?
    Using any software.

•