Thread: Why make well to seismic tie??

1. Why make well to seismic tie??

I have little question,
    I know that we have to make well to seismic tie and extract a proper wavelet but realy i don't know why we do this step in seismic interpretation as i think the most important thing is the extraction of the wavelet but to make tie i don't know why tie seismic with wells, what type of information i can get from well to seismic tie?

Thanks,

See More: Why make well to seismic tie??

2. # ADS
    Spons Circuit

3. look, i think we do well to seismic tie to get additional informations like( quality of seismic data + streching / shifting seismic events to its correct position + determination of main markers and finally for wavelet extarction as you said before.

Looking forward another answer....

4.    Sponsored Links

-

Blog Entries

6. Re: Why make well to seismic tie??

and on depth domain will help use to calculate are of prospect hidyrocarbon.

Re: Why make well to seismic tie??

there are two main reasons for well to seismic tie , first for conventional seismic data (2D/3D) interpretation , second for unconventional seismic interpretation (AVO , Inversion)
    first , you get from well to seismic tie :
    1-correct T-D relation
    2- definition of seismic markers , and understanding seismic character ( polarity and phase)
    3- understanding the stratigraphic relations through your seismic line (facies variation ... etc )
    4- multiples recognition (not very easy)

second , in unconventional seismic interpretation ... well to seismic tie is the first step for determenistic wavelet extraction ... which is the main step in seismic inversion

8.    Spons.

Re: Why make well to seismic tie??

there are two main reasons for well to seismic tie , first for conventional seismic data (2D/3D) interpretation , second for unconventional seismic interpretation (AVO , Inversion)
    first , you get from well to seismic tie :
    1-correct T-D relation
    2- definition of seismic markers , and understanding seismic character ( polarity and phase)
    3- understanding the stratigraphic relations through your seismic line (facies variation ... etc )
    4- multiples recognition (not very easy)

second , in unconventional seismic interpretation ... well to seismic tie is the first step for determenistic wavelet extraction ... which is the main step in seismic inversion