Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cdegs 15.4

Re: Cdegs 15.4

I found this on pand

Install guide* all credits to fx007.

For Windows XP:
    1) Start installation; choose professional version. Sometimes the installation don`t start* just change the date to year 2000* close your session* start again an run the inst.
    2) Install the driver* as it suggest. Sometimes the installation of the sentinel drive have an error* just put the installation files on C:\ (with a short address).
    3) Restart* as requested.
    4) Start installation* it might not want to go through standalone* so choose the client-server version. Sometimes an error of missing files appears. In my case the missing file was Downtvdd.dll. You can get it from here:

[link Point to another website Only the registered members can access] 5) Copy all the files from ----- dir to cdegs2k dir. Copy sc32w.dll to c:/windows/system32 dir.
    6) Set time to : year 2000
    7) Start CDEGS.

On Win 7 x32:
    On step 7) Start CDEGS* Win 7 will say that some files are missing from the c:/windows/system32/drivers directory. You need to find those missing files and extract there. Files are: DOWNTVDD.DLL; VSAUTHD.VXD; DS1410d.SYS

On Win x64:
    1) Install WinXP as Virtual Box* use VMWare version 7 or higher* on your Win7 x64 (or Win 8 should work just as fine)
    2) Install cdegs
    3) Change date* apply cr.. * all like the other steps for previous Win version.

Hope it help!

SES+CDEGS+v14.0.rar

[link Point to another website Only the registered members can access]

See More: Cdegs 15.4
    Last edited by himmelstern; 02-27-2017 at 08:49 PM.

2. # ADS
    Spons Circuit

4.    Sponsored Links

-

I installed file 1; on win XP; using vmware virtual machine:

I cant find those files DOWNTVDD.DLL; VSAUTHD.VXD; DS1410d.SYS; sc32w.dll to pa-tc-h it
    even when install it and run with 2000 year date on Virtual Machine.
    Last edited by himmelstern; 03-01-2017 at 07:02 PM.

8.    Spons.

Quote Originally Posted by himmelstern View Post
    I installed file 1; on win XP; using vmware virtual machine:

I cant find those files DOWNTVDD.DLL; VSAUTHD.VXD; DS1410d.SYS; sc32w.dll to pa-tc-h it
    even when install it and run with 2000 year date on Virtual Machine.
    I was able to install in virtual xp with no errors and no file additions whatsoever.. I only move the sc32w.dll to system32.. This file is already available in the installer. But I was able to download the files you mentioned...Not easy to find in the internet!!..

I didn't even set my year to 2000..

Problem?.. I dont know how to use it. Hahaha.. I was able to open example files..

Quote Originally Posted by himmelstern View Post
    could you share me those files please. dll files.
    ok.. will send to via gmail.. i still on my way home...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by surgeArrester View Post
    ok.. will send to via gmail.. i still on my way home...

Message sent.. Just please confirm.

No* still don't work* ask for the key I did the procedure* don't know why still not working.

this software is used for

Quote Originally Posted by ingo_dingo View Post
    Has any one got the tutorial for this Awesome but expensive program?
    . .
    . .

The metod based for this software are the IEEE 80 method (rev 2015); ANSI/IEEE C37.10 ; ANSI/IEEE C37.13 and this book* using FDT or VDF matrix*

ETAP and Cymgrid method is only based for power substiations* but with this software you only can calculate earth grids under short circuit analysis and for low frequency faults events.

With this method you can calculate any grid for any pourpose.

for example with ETAP and cymgrd you cant calculate or simulate grounding grids for power lines* or for lightning events* that are transient and high frequency events. to do it can be done by matlab but is not razonable for working pourposes* the solution is Sdegs.

For example an imput to desing a grounding grid is the split factor*

to determine that value* could be done using graphs of IEEE 80* or using ATP-EMTP software by simulation. The objective is to know how many current in a fault* to the earthing mesh* or how many current in % will flow to the shielding wires and neutral cables.

to do that you have to design a circuit at ATP*

those are examples of models at atp

but this software has a module for this:

another module is to do the same thing that do etap using Finite element method for 60 hz and short circuit current* is used to know the GPR if you put a ligtning stroke on the mesh* or near* for example at ligning protecton system* and show how the grounding grid reacts to the lightning event.

this also could be done by ATP-EMTP developing a method like this* but is quite dificult to find some constants that the model require* not only that are given below.

with this software you can calculate earthing grids for power lines and poles and do the verification with simulations* ie

HIFREQ is a unique engineering tool that can solve any electromagnetic problem involving a network of arbitrarily oriented aboveground and buried conductors energized by any number of current and voltage sources.
    If you have a fault on your line* how is the electric field and magnetic field at Power lines nerby* it ould be done by this software

and at last shielding for substations

basically with etap and cymgrid you cant model grounding grids for transient events.
    Last edited by himmelstern; 03-07-2017 at 02:35 PM.

15.    Spons.

when i installed cdegs in the virtualbox* i think i used the network version* i wasnt able to install the stand alone..

i just also followed the instructions.. then* i just copy paste the files then copy the sc32w.dll to system32..

then it just runs..

•