Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. API 650 8th edition

Hi,
    Good day to all of you.

Please anyone help me to get API650 8th edition.

If anyone please upload or send me to: kgk092@gmail.com

Thanks

See More: API 650 8th edition

2. # ADS
    Spons Circuit

3.    Sponsored Links

-

Re: API 650 8th edition

The oldest that I have is 9th with addendums. Why do you need old one, You have to build to new. Do you have an evaluation problem? You could check the old 12C which I have and the 9th to see any design differences.

5.    Spons.

Blog Entries

Eleventh Edition is here

[link Point to another website Only the registered members can access]

API Standard 650 9th Ed. 1993 Ad1,2,3 1994,1995,1996 - Welded Steel Tanks for Oil Storage

What are you looking for, I found a paper copy of 6th, is there a specific section or info that you are looking for.

API Specification 12C 15th Ed. Mar. 1958 - API Specification for Welded Oil Storage Tanks

API Standard 650 6th Revision 1, May 15, 1978 Welded Steel Tanks for Oil Storage

Here is 7th, API Standard 650 7th 1980 Rev1 1984 captured from their website.

Does anyone have any other old issues of API 650? 1st through 5th, 8th, any other revisions? or a better 7th?
    Also, are there any other API 12C's out there. We have 1958 but where are the others?

11. Re: API 650 8th edition

Many thanks,

actually I am looking for radiography requirements as tank build to API 650 8th edition in 1992. Currently we have taken RT on T Joints and almost all are getting "Lack of Fusion". and no old data available for this tank. So I need to decide weather this defects needs to repair or we can still leave as it is as it has served its purpose for 20 years.

12.    Spons.

The joint efficiency table takes in account the type of construction for fill height calculations.
    If you do any repair, you have to follow current API 653.
    The RT requirements are in the 7th edition, section 6.1 that I gave you.
    API 650 7th states the UW-51 (b) is the acceptance criteria.
    I have a copy of 1998 ASME BPVC

UW-51 1998 SECTION VIII — DIVISION 1
    (b) Indications shown on the radiographs of welds and characterized as imperfections are unacceptable under the following conditions and shall be repaired as provided in UW-38, and the repair radiographed to UW-51 or, at the option of the Manufacturer, ultrasonically examined in accordance with the method described in Appendix 12 and the standards specified in this paragraph, provided the defect has been confirmed by the ultrasonic examination to the satisfaction of the Authorized Inspector prior to making the repair. For material thicknesses in excess of 1 in., the concurrence of the user shall be obtained. This ultrasonic examination shall be noted under remarks on the Manufacturer’s Data Report Form:
    (1) any indication characterized as a c_rack or zone of incomplete fusion or penetration;
    (2) any other elongated indication on the radiograph which has length greater than:
    (a) 1/4 in. for t up to 3/4 in.
    (b) 1/3 t for t from 3/4 in. to 2.25 in.
    (c) 3/4 in. for t over 2.25 in. where t = the thickness of the weld excluding any allowable reinforcement.
    For a butt weld joining two members having different thicknesses at the weld, t is the thinner of these two thicknesses.
    If a full penetration weld includes a fillet weld, the thickness of the throat of the fillet shall be included in t.
    (3) any group of aligned indications that have an aggregate length greater than t in a length of 12t,
    except when the distance between the successive imperfections exceeds 6L where L is the length of the longest imperfection in the group;
    (4) rounded indications in excess of that specified by the acceptance standards given in Appendix 4.
    Last edited by Marty Thompson; 04-30-2016 at 04:16 PM.

•