Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
  1. Unhappy Aspen one V7 installation in Vista

Dear friends,

I have downloaded Aspen one V7 with 2006.5 license generator but I'm unable to run it in Vista. When I run, it shows "No license found" error. I have tried "Exchanger design and rating" and Hysys. I know some friends have successfully installed it in Vista. I'll highly appreciate if anyone of you could tell me the main steps to take care while installation in Vista.

Thanks in advance.

See More: Aspen one V7 installation in Vista

2. # ADS
    Spons Circuit

Try this. Hope this helps

under Environment Variable (Control Panel > System > Advanced > Environment Variable)

add the following:

Variable Name: LM_LICENSE_FILE
    Variable Value: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hyprotech\OLGAS\LIC0002870.dat;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hyprotech\shared\LIC0000139.dat;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hyprotech\shared\vendorkey.lic;

4.    Sponsored Links

-

5. Dear Polaris44,

Thank you so much for reply. I'm in office right now. I'll try it after reaching home and let you know the results...

6. Dear All,

I have installed it successfully. If anyone is still facing problem, just follow the steps below.

1. Uninstall existing copy completely, remove all folders and registry entries.

2. Now you need to enable hidden administrator account. (Follow steps 3 to 7. If you have already enabled it, go to step 8)

3. Click start button, then write cmd in start search.

4. Right click on the cmd returned on the search results pane above, then select Run as Administrator.

5. Now type this command net user administrator /active:yes

6. You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out. Now, you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice. Login as Administrator.

7. Give a password to new enabled administrator account.

8. Create License file.

9. Start installation with Aspen installer, browse license file created in step 8 when required.

10. When it asks for simulation engine name, password and domain (where there is a check box to "skip this step (not recommended)") type Administrator in name, administrator password (which you created in above steps) in the password field and type your computer name in domain name. Your computer name can be found in the Properties of Computer (right click Computer icon then select properties). Complete the installation.

All done. Let me know, if anyone of you needs further help.

Special thanks to Adnan1 for helping me
    Last edited by muzaffar84; 08-13-2009 at 07:15 AM.

Deep Thanks to Mr. Muzaffar for sharing your success in installation of Aspen V7 in windows Vista
    But my quistion what is the version of your windows Vista ( Home , Ultimate or Businesse)

Thanks again

8.    Spons.

9. Quote Originally Posted by algawzi View Post
    Deep Thanks to Mr. Muzaffar for sharing your success in installation of Aspen V7 in windows Vista
    But my quistion what is the version of your windows Vista ( Home , Ultimate or Businesse)

Thanks again
    Dear I have tried it on Windows Vista Home Premium 32 bit, 64 bit and Windows 7 (RC) Ultimate 32 bit. It's working perfactly on all three. Next button (N-->) is also working...
    Last edited by muzaffar84; 08-13-2009 at 06:06 AM.

10. hello muzaffar84 and all other members of this great forum! please help me with installing aspenone. i need install Exchanger design and rating to. i tryed do it on win xp pro sp3 but it still not working=(
    how i do it:
    start dvdbrowser.exe from root dvd directory
    go to "administration" tab, install aspen security + 8.1 server + slm tool 7.3 (it's for xp users)
    then go to license configuration -> standalone license -> path to generated license. setup shows what available 710 licenses. now i'm go to install products, schoose license again-> "next"-> "standart install"-> choose "echanging design and rating" also aspen muse-> "next"-> then i have "database connection details window" (please tell me what i need type in "database system admin id" and "database system admin password", i'm just press "next" button. afeter what installing go normaly but after that, when i tryed start software i have error "unable to acquire TascPlus license"=((( What i do wrong? Please help me solve this problem.
    P.S. Win XP SP3, Admins prevelegue: Yes, Antivirus: Yes (NOD32) (but shuted down in install time), Firewalls: No.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Andrew_123; 08-13-2009 at 07:52 AM.

My threads; Andrew_123 :

• Dear Andrew,

No need to fill in anything in database connection details window. I'm wondering why you are having license problem in xp. When I installed it in XP, I didn't get any issue.

Well, try Vista installation method I wrote above. i.e. By administrator account (In vista any other account even with full administrator previliges doesn't work). Also, always create new license before installation and use it in installation. Remove all previously installed files and folders (you have to del few files n folders manually after uninstallation) before new installation.

Let me know the results...

• I solve my problem now and hasten impart experience. I deleted all aspen software from my pc, clean register and delete all folders with aspen name. Then installed AES 2006.5 and all modules what i need work fine. Install notes as usual for Aspen products. Generate license, install sofware useing standart install procedure. After what i install AspenONE 7 (Exchanger design and rating). Now it works fine.
      Regards.

My threads; Andrew_123 :

• Dear muzaffar84,

I followed up your step 3 and come out is a DOS window, snap shoot is as following:

"Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
        Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\zhuying>"

from here how to continue with your step 4....

Could you please give me a direction?

Thank you,

John Yu

My threads; clfjohn :

•    Spons.

• You are trying it in XP, right? In XP follow method below to activate administrator account

1. Launch Registry Editor. (write regedit in run and press enter)

2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserLis t in the Registry Editor.

3. Double-click the Administrator key in the right pane.
          (If the Administrator key doesn’t exist, right-click on the above tree in the pane, choose New, DWORD Value, name it Administrator and press Enter)

4. Type 1 in the “Value data” box, and press Enter.

•