Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
  1. Muzaffar84,

My computer is vista home premium Sp1 32 bit. I try it on another vista system pc, the result is same.

Thank you

See More: Aspen one V7 installation in Vista

My threads; clfjohn :

• # ADS
      Spons Circuit

• Muzaffar84,

I try to install aspenone V7 in vista home premium 64 bit system. Everything is ok until to "microsoft SQL server 2005 compatibility". I saw in another thread that you met same issue. Could you tell me how did you solve it?

Thank you

My threads; clfjohn :

•    Sponsored Links

-

• Thank you guys for sharing. I am happily using V7 on my vista Home premium 32 bit seemlessly..

My threads; boundster :

• Simple solution to run software that doesn't work on VISTA is to use VMware Workstation. Simply install Windows XP through VMware then install the software you want. That's the only way i could run HYSYS for example and works like a charm.

P.S. Vmware creates a virtual machine that enables you to install any operating system without altering your current operating system (all system files of the virtual OS are stored in a single file that you can place anywhere on your HDD)

My threads; TempleKa :

• Quote Originally Posted by clfjohn View Post
          Muzaffar84,

My computer is vista home premium Sp1 32 bit. I try it on another vista system pc, the result is same.

Thank you
          I think you are not following step 4 properly i.e. Right click on the cmd returned on the search results pane above, then select Run as Administrator.

You have to right click on command prompt and slelect "Run as Administrator"

•    Spons.

Muzaffar84,

I try to install aspenone V7 in vista home premium 64 bit system. Everything is ok until to "microsoft SQL server 2005 compatibility". I saw in another thread that you met same issue. Could you tell me how did you solve it?

Thank you
          you have to download and install MS SQL Server 2005 SP2 in Vista 64 bit. You can download SQL 2005 Backward compatibility for SQL 2008. All these are available on microsoft website. have a lil search on internet. I lost the links otherwise I could have given you

• Quote Originally Posted by TempleKa View Post
          Simple solution to run software that doesn't work on VISTA is to use VMware Workstation. Simply install Windows XP through VMware then install the software you want. That's the only way i could run HYSYS for example and works like a charm.

P.S. Vmware creates a virtual machine that enables you to install any operating system without altering your current operating system (all system files of the virtual OS are stored in a single file that you can place anywhere on your HDD)
          What are the system requirements of VMware workstation. "Microsoft Vertual PC" needs a processor with Virtualization technology. What about this. My laptop processor is C2D 2 GHz without virtualization technology. Can I use this software?

• Quote Originally Posted by muzaffar84 View Post
          What are the system requirements of VMware workstation. "Microsoft Vertual PC" needs a processor with Virtualization technology. What about this. My laptop processor is C2D 2 GHz without virtualization technology. Can I use this software?
          Should run withought any problems.

L.E. You can download the evaluation version from here (after doing the free registration):

[link Point to another website Only the registered members can access]

Last edited by TempleKa; 08-25-2009 at 11:12 PM.

My threads; TempleKa :

• I solved the problems and successfully installed v7 in vista system using the method in No 4 above. Specially thanks to Muzaffar84, Polaris44 and all sharing their experience here. Hope you guys work well on it too.

My threads; clfjohn :

I solved the problems and successfully installed v7 in vista system using the method in No 4 above. Specially thanks to Muzaffar84, Polaris44 and all sharing their experience here. Hope you guys work well on it too.
              It's good to know that you have successfully installed it. It's my pleasure to share my experience as I suffered almost one month for this

•    Spons.

• Question Not working...

Quote Originally Posted by muzaffar84 View Post
              Dear All,

I have installed it successfully. If anyone is still facing problem, just follow the steps below.

1. Uninstall existing copy completely, remove all folders and registry entries.

2. Now you need to enable hidden administrator account. (Follow steps 3 to 7. If you have already enabled it, go to step 8)

3. Click start button, then write cmd in start search.

4. Right click on the cmd returned on the search results pane above, then select Run as Administrator.

5. Now type this command net user administrator /active:yes

6. You should see a message that the command completed successfully. Log out. Now, you’ll now see the Administrator account as a choice. Login as Administrator.

7. Give a password to new enabled administrator account.

8. Create License file.

9. Start installation with Aspen installer, browse license file created in step 8 when required.

10. When it asks for simulation engine name, password and domain (where there is a check box to "skip this step (not recommended)") type Administrator in name, administrator password (which you created in above steps) in the password field and type your computer name in domain name. Your computer name can be found in the Properties of Computer (right click Computer icon then select properties). Complete the installation.

All done. Let me know, if anyone of you needs further help.

Special thanks to Adnan1 for helping me
              Hello,
              I try to respect your steps, but at 5 step, that command is not working. The message shomn by the computer is "System error 5 has occured. Acces is denied". Please help me urgently.

Thank you,
              Florentina

•