Thread: Binary formats

Binary formats

This thread is for all who have binary file formats description not available in standart manual
    The following binary format description is highly wanted
    1. Open RMS binary
    2. OPen Petrel binary
    If you have any information on this format or you able do disassemble binary data please contact me here on in person to get the test set of data with detail description what is inside
    This 2 formats are very important since they allow to read and load all data from entier grid with properties
    Regards
    Temr

See More: Binary formats

2. # ADS
    Spons Circuit

Re: Binary formats

it is very sad here having 81 people watching and no replys what is i will send you a full license 2012 of lertep for your efforts??

4.    Sponsored Links

-

Hi term
    Very nice topic to dig into it .... I was also interested on reading the binary files as I started scripting a schedule generator that can convert *INIT so it will be possible to calculate grid block calculation.... I could only make it run with *ASCII files .... I think the new petrel format *GSG file is quite complicated to work with .... RMS does mainly exports on GRDECL which is quite easy to work with .. If you get any hints on how yo read an *INIT file on a VBA script ..., it will be very useful for us ... I am keeping pushing from my part .... Cheers ..

Hi term
    Very nice topic to dig into it .... I was also interested on reading the binary files as I started scripting a schedule generator that can convert *INIT so it will be possible to calculate grid block calculation.... I could only make it run with *ASCII files which is quite heavy to work with .... I think the new petrel format *GSG file is quite complicated to work with .... RMS does mainly exports on GRDECL which is quite easy to work with .. If you get any hints on how yo read an *INIT file on a VBA script ..., it will be very useful for us ... I am keeping pushing from my part .... Cheers ..

•