Running windows XP applications on Windows 7

Windows XP Mode:
    Get all the benefits of Windows 7 and continue to leverage your investments in older business and productivity programs that require a PC running Windows XP.

It's the best of both worlds: The new Windows XP Mode lets you run older Windows XP business software right on your Windows 7 desktop.This feature is designed primarily with small- and medium-sized businesses in mind. Windows XP Mode comes as a separate download and works only with Windows 7 Professional and Ultimate. Windows XP Mode also requires virtualization software such as Windows Virtual PC. Both are available free on the Microsoft website.

more information and download support from the following link:

[link Point to another website Only the registered members can access] Note: this is for genuine windows 7 ultimate, professional users only:

See More: Running windows XP applications on Windows 7

2. # ADS
    Spons Circuit

4.    Sponsored Links

-

5. Respected Brother,

Using Virtual Machine, the size of that window is very small. How to increase it to whole display screen because it is impossible to use Promax with small screen size.
    Waiting

Regards

Khawar
    smartkhawar@gmail.com

i would like to know the experience of virtual XP on win 7 64 bits. until now i have not run Thermoflow or Ipsepro (that uses 32 bits libraries) on win 7 64 bits, but ipsepro runs and install in win 7 32 bits.
    i try virtual XP (microsoft) and don't runs. In this moment i will try install XP on a pendrive and after install XP software.

7. Thanks Annihita. XP mode turns be okay, for running graphically higher end apps, VMware is the best. The latest version if which is for higher in running gocad/skua and roxar apps.
    XP Mode does not stand upto that level.
    Better use VMware Workstation 7 upwards.
    vim

8.    Spons.

Thanks for your help. VMWARE solve to me the problem. I instal VMWARE 7 in Win 7 64 bits. After I install XP inside VM and after i install the software. FINE!!!!!!!! it works.

Re: Running windows XP applications on Windows 7

Some notes on virtual machines:

Oracle VirtualBox:
    Stores VM as disk files and a settings file somewhere else, so managing/moving VMs is annoying.
    Doesn't show 3D-accelerated windows in Petrel and other programs, even with 3D acceleration enabled.

VMware Player/Workstation:
    RLM license manager detects it is running in a VM and does not start (Gedco Omni/Vista 11 and CMG 2010 use RLM).
    Sometimes slow startup times.

MS VirtualPC (been a while since I've used it):
    Can only run on PCs that support hardware virtualization (unless some ****s are used).
    Can only run on Windows 7 Pro/Ultimate edition.
    Can only run Windows XP.

Instead of using hectic Windows XP mode people should rather opt for VM Player which is easy to install & operate on every Windows 7 version.
    hxxp://www.vmware.com/products/player/

Blog Entries

i running VMplayer recently and install windows xp since i have software that works in xp only... it works perfectly

13. Re: Running windows XP applications on Windows 7

Great information in here. Thanks Annihita for that

My threads; GateKEEPER32 :

•