Thread: pipe diameter

Wink pipe diameter

I need to calculate pipe diameter for natural gas pipe line as the following details

Flow rate : 37000 m3/h (at 0.00 g)
    presure : 7 bar
    Gas temperatueer : 20 C
    pipe length : 6000 m
    pipe type : steel

thanks in avance

See More: pipe diameter

2. # ADS
    Spons Circuit

Thank You

My threads; nskvc :

•    Sponsored Links

-

• You need to use PIPESIM 2003 whose link in available on this forum to find the optimum size...

It depends how much you need pressure at the end!!! and how is the pipeline layed? buried or non-buried?, how is the pipeline elevation profile, how much is the ambient temp,...etc

If you still have problem, get back to me

• you can use olga 2000 for simulation and you need pvtsim for use the table fluid

My threads; rafik b :

•    Spons.

Any way you can get the outer diameter of the pipe from the vendor or you can take the diameter of the nozzle of the tanK or pressure vessel....Then you can place your tappings or reducers or any other components according to your distribution and pressure you require at the end...

Well firstly, Pipe diameter are depends on Flowrate, Velocity, Compressibility, temperature and Pressure. Here is the equation/formula that i ussualy use for pipe sizing calculation. But the most important thing is that you have to design the velocity. (velocity limitation : below acceptable noise levels, it's about 60 to 80 ft/sec and if the gas contains liquids we have to refer to API RP 14 E which is the minimum velocity should be limited to about 10 ft/sec).

V = 1440 * Z * Q * T / ( d * d * P )
      Where V =velocity ft/sec
      Z = compressibility (ussualy 0.94)
      Q = Flowrate, million cu. ft/hr
      T = temperature, R
      d = inside diameter of pipe, inch
      P = operating pressure, Psia

Good luck ^_^

My threads; jonas :

Well firstly, Pipe diameter are depends on Flowrate, Velocity, Compressibility, temperature and Pressure. Here is the equation/formula that i ussualy use for pipe sizing calculation. But the most important thing is that you have to design the velocity. (velocity limitation : below acceptable noise levels, it's about 60 to 80 ft/sec and if the gas contains liquids we have to refer to API RP 14 E which is the minimum velocity should be limited to about 10 ft/sec).

V = 1440 * Z * Q * T / ( d * d * P )
      Where V =velocity ft/sec
      Z = compressibility (ussualy 0.94)
      Q = Flowrate, million cu. ft/hr
      T = temperature, R
      d = inside diameter of pipe, inch
      P = operating pressure, Psia

Good luck ^_^

My threads; jonas :

• Quote Originally Posted by WAT View Post
      I need to calculate pipe diameter for natural gas pipe line as the following details

Flow rate : 37000 m3/h (at 0.00 g)
      presure : 7 bar
      Gas temperatueer : 20 C
      pipe length : 6000 m
      pipe type : steel

thanks in avance
      Usa la eucación de Wymouth que es:qsc=433.9*[tsc/psc]*[[p1^2-p2^2]*d^5.333/[s*L*Tm*Zm]]^0.5=433.9*(536.67/14.7)*((101.55^2-14.7^2)*d^5.333*0.9/(0.9*3.73*527*0.94))^0.5*Eficiencia de tubería.
      s=gravedad espedifica densidad/densidad del aire
      Zm0 factor de compresibilidd 0.94 típico, Tm temperatura promedio °R de la tubería,tsc temperatura a condiciones estandar °R, psc psia, presión a condiciones estandard, L longitud de tubería millas,p1 presión de entrada, p2 presion de salida de la tubería.
      d diametro interno de tubería in, d= 12.8 in, debes encontrarlos datos correctos, como gravedad específica, t de entrada y salida, presion de entrada y salida, puedes usar Pandhandle, A o B y te dará el diámetro interior de la tubería

My threads; Guillermo Culebro Nieves :

• Quote Originally Posted by Guillermo Culebro Nieves View Post
        Usa la eucación de Wymouth que es:qsc=433.9*[tsc/psc]*[[p1^2-p2^2]*d^5.333/[s*L*Tm*Zm]]^0.5=433.9*(536.67/14.7)*((101.55^2-14.7^2)*d^5.333*0.9/(0.9*3.73*527*0.94))^0.5*Eficiencia de tubería.
        s=gravedad espedifica densidad/densidad del aire
        Zm0 factor de compresibilidd 0.94 típico, Tm temperatura promedio °R de la tubería,tsc temperatura a condiciones estandar °R, psc psia, presión a condiciones estandard, L longitud de tubería millas,p1 presión de entrada, p2 presion de salida de la tubería.
        d diametro interno de tubería in, d= 12.8 in, debes encontrarlos datos correctos, como gravedad específica, t de entrada y salida, presion de entrada y salida, puedes usar Pandhandle, A o B y te dará el diámetro interior de la tubería
        qsc
        ft^3/dia, ese dato es 31359427(37000m^3/h)

My threads; Guillermo Culebro Nieves :