• Process Parameters in Consequence Analysis SafeSite3G

Hi Folks,

i just need some clarification, we are using process parameter for the consequence analysis tool which is Pressure and temperature for any component in SafeSite3G or FRED. It is giving the flow rate on auto by calculating the release rate by leak size.

However i have noticed that the leak rate calculate by the software is 3,4 time more than the flow rate of pipeline (as per PFD) i.e. As per design calculation /PFD it is giving max flow from that pipe is 120 KG/Sec , however software calculated based on Pressure , temperature and hole size and it is 450 KG/sec. and it turns the consequence result very high.

So which parameter we need consider? 120 KG/sec (max pipe flow) or software calculation 450 KG/sec? because software has option for the user defined function of changing release rate as required.

Please advise who have experience this.
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Process Parameters in Consequence Analysis SafeSite3G started by hammad15 View original post
    Comments 2 Comments
      nahs001 -
      If the line has continuous source of supply i.e. pump or compressor and during release it will continually run then then take the max/pump rated flow, else if it is tank, or the tube/line rupture/leak then take the depressurization model i.e. what the simulation software is calculating for you. For depressurization model: if tank/line pressure is higher then it will lead to max discharge velocity i.e. Sonic velocity, and based on it simulation software will calculate release temperature.
      hmahesh -
      The leak flow rate can be higher than the PFD flow rates if the source pressure are higher and leak area is relatively bigger.

Considering Upstream system is infinite and could supply the released flow for longer time, consider the steady statte flow rate estimated by the FRED or other software.
      Whereas if the system inventory is finite and leak lead to reduction in inventory, consider depressurising rates which will reduces with time. Depressurization rates can be estimated by HYSYS or PRO II.

BR

• Recent Threads

douer2019007

Request: ANSI GPTC Z380.1

Thread Starter: douer2019007

Dear all,

If anyone has the standard ANSI GPTC Z380.1:2018, "Guide for Gas Transmission, Distribution, and Gathering Piping Systems",

Last Post By: douer2019007 Yesterday, 09:51 PM Go to last post
    ezzat

National Board Inspection Code (NBIC) 2021 edition

Thread Starter: ezzat

Dear Friends;
    Please share National Board Inspection Code (NBIC) 2021 edition
    or send to ezzatmonem@yahoo.com
    Thank you in advance

Last Post By: Mr Welder Today, 03:00 AM Go to last post
    mej

Asme bpvc 2021 - code cases

Thread Starter: mej

ASME BPVC 2021 Code Cases are available if anyone needs them.

Post any requests here.

Last Post By: pollar 07-22-2021, 11:36 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Activity

fered

Cmg 2019

Thread Starter: fered

Last Post By: Chaly Today, 12:30 AM Go to last post
    minxiam

Etap 20.6

Thread Starter: minxiam

Last Post By: zabiruddin Today, 12:10 AM Go to last post
    kavita_00