• How much do licenses for reservoir analysis software typically cost?

Hi all,

I’m a current student and intern at a company focusing on the O&G upstream space. I don’t have an O&G background and have been trying to get up to speed on the industry and was hoping you guys could help. I did some searches on this forum and could not find any answers.

Would anyone happen to know the general price range a typical large O&G company like Exxon, Shell, or BP would pay for reservoir simulation softwares like Schlumberger’s Petrel and Eclipse or Landmark’s Nexus program? I know the costs vary due to different variables like contract length, size of the organization, and additional modules but a general range (cost per user, per year) would be very helpful for me to at least begin to map out the price ranges. Contacting the software companies directly didn't really lead anywhere. Any info would help even if it's from smaller E&P companies using the same or other reservoir simulation software.

I greatly appreciate the help! Thanks!
    This article was originally published in forum thread: How much do licenses for reservoir analysis software typically cost? started by 024 View original post
    Comments 1 Comment
      king1598 -
      Would anyone happen to know the general price range a typical large O&G company like Exxon, Shell, or BP would pay for reservoir simulation softwares like Schlumberger’s Petrel and Eclipse or Landmark’s Nexus program? I know the costs vary due to different variables like contract length, size of the organization, and additional modules but a general range (cost per user, per year) would be very helpful for me to at least begin to map out the price ranges. Contacting the software companies directly didn't really lead anywhere. Any info would help even if it's from smaller E&P companies using the same or other reservoir simulation software.

Read more:

[link Point to another website Only the registered members can access]

• Recent Threads

dargonza24

Finite Difference Calculation of downhole pump card

Thread Starter: dargonza24

Hello! I am currently working on solving the finite difference approach for the 1D dampened wave equation, to compute a downhole dynacard from surface

Last Post By: dargonza24 Yesterday, 03:57 PM Go to last post
    maromo80

Help figuring out how to avoid license issues in Aspenone v10 or V11

Thread Starter: maromo80

Hi everyone!

I've been trying to install Aspen in my laptop (windows 10) for 6 months now with no success achieved. The typical error message

Last Post By: maromo80 10-18-2019, 10:13 PM Go to last post
    aidini

Egypt I&C Standards

Thread Starter: aidini

Hi All,

I am looking for references/standards for Instrumentation and Control systems applicable to Egypt. Could you please let me know if

Last Post By: aidini 10-18-2019, 05:05 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Activity

mohamad3010

ASME BPVC SECTION III (all parts) 2015

Thread Starter: mohamad3010

Last Post By: stressed Yesterday, 07:23 PM Go to last post
    himmelstern

Power System SCADA and Smart Grids | Mini S. Thomas, John Douglas McDonald

Thread Starter: himmelstern

Last Post By: ahmedrst Yesterday, 09:34 AM Go to last post
    ezzat

NATIONAL BOARD INSPECTION CODE 2019 edition