View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Any DNV Phast Software

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly19 View Post
    Hi dear friends
    I am an industrial SHE engineer.
    Please i need any version of DNV Phast Software, and with keys if possible.
    Can you give me a link?
    Thank you
  2. polytropic compressor simulation with Prode Properties

you can easily solve the polytropic compressor with Prode Properties,
    there is a specific unit in extended version (please contact Prode at 'www.prode.com'),
    that unit solves the model with the desired level of accuracy (it's a iterative procedure),
    however you can obtain equivalent (or very close) results by modeling the polytropic compressor as a series of isentropic units with predetermined polytropic efficiency,
    this is very simple with Prode Properties, for additional information see

'http://www.prode.com/docs/pppman.pdf'

-decide the number of steps (I suggest 5 steps) and calculate the dp as (Pout-Pin) / nr. of steps
    -start from compressor inlet temperature and pressure
    -at these conditions calculate cp with the method =StrGCp and cv with the method =StrGCv , calculate k = cp/cv
    -calculate n (polytropic exponent) as n = polytropic efficiency * (k-1)/k
    -calculate P1=Pin+dp and T1 = Tin*(P1/pin)^(n-1)/n
    -at these conditions (P1,t1) calculate cp with the method =StrGCp and cv with the method =StrGCv , calculate k = cp/cv
    -proceed until to complete the steps
    -once you have calculated the final (outlet) temperature you can calculate the enthalpy at inlet conditions (with Prode Properties) as H1 = StrH() and outlet conditions H2 = StrH() the difference being the enthalpy rise in the gas, you can then calculate the polytropic head from polytropic efficiency[/QUOTE]