View RSS Feed

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Handbook pressure vessel by Uegene F. Megyesy 14th edition

Hi everyone

can someone share handbook of megyesy 14th edition, i just have 12th edition. so i need the latest book.
    many thankful if someone can share it
  2. EN13480-3 Tee Branch Reinforcement Pad Calculation

Hello*

I am doing the branch tee reinforcement pad requirement calculation according to EN 13480-3 section 8.4.3. I have some queries as below.

(1) In Equation 8.4.3-4 ( lpl <= ls). I have calculated the effective reinforcement of shell pipe (ls) value according to equation 8.4.1-2 which is coming around 190 mm. So According to the equation I can use the reinforcement pad width less than ls means less than 190 mm. If I follow the above equation * it will never satisfy the final equation 8.4.3-6. it seems this equation is not correct.
    If code restrict the reinforcement pad width how we can satisfy the final equation without increasing the pad width where reinforcement pad width is also limited to eas according to equation 8.4.3-5. Refer attached code page attachment (EN13480-3-Page-82.pdf). Please suggest.

(2) EN13480-3 equation 8.4.3-5 condition eapl<=eas shall be satisfy.
    I am using the reinforcement pad thickness same as shell thickness* means pad will be cut from shell pipe during fabrication.

I am using the nominal pad thickness same as shell thickness 16 mm with assuming same corrosion allowances. Refer below calculation.
    My nominal shell thickness en=16 mm. c0=3.4* c1=0.3 mm.so eas=16-3.4-0.3= 12.3 mm.
    Plate thickness used enpl=16mm. c0=3.4* c1=0.3 mm. so eapl=12.3 mm.

Is my calculation & understanding is correct.

As in brief above code restrict the reinforcement pad thickness as well as width to compensate the cutting area for branch.

Please find attached my detail calculation. (Terna Reinforcement pad Calculation30052017.pdf)
  3. EN13480-3 Tee Branch Reinforcement Pad Calculation

Hello*

I am doing the branch tee reinforcement pad requirement calculation according to EN 13480-3 section 8.4.3. I have some queries as below.

(1) In Equation 8.4.3-4 ( lpl <= ls). I have calculated the effective reinforcement of shell pipe (ls) value according to equation 8.4.1-2 which is coming around 190 mm. So According to the equation I can use the reinforcement pad width less than ls means less than 190 mm. If I follow the above equation * it will never satisfy the final equation 8.4.3-6. it seems this equation is not correct.
    If code restrict the reinforcement pad width how we can satisfy the final equation without increasing the pad width where reinforcement pad width is also limited to eas according to equation 8.4.3-5. Refer attached code page attachment (EN13480-3-Page-82.pdf). Please suggest.

(2) EN13480-3 equation 8.4.3-5 condition eapl<=eas shall be satisfy.
    I am using the reinforcement pad thickness same as shell thickness* means pad will be cut from shell pipe during fabrication.

I am using the nominal pad thickness same as shell thickness 16 mm with assuming same corrosion allowances. Refer below calculation.
    My nominal shell thickness en=16 mm. c0=3.4* c1=0.3 mm.so eas=16-3.4-0.3= 12.3 mm.
    Plate thickness used enpl=16mm. c0=3.4* c1=0.3 mm. so eapl=12.3 mm.

Is my calculation & understanding is correct.

As in brief above code restrict the reinforcement pad thickness as well as width to compensate the cutting area for branch.

Please find attached my detail calculation. (Terna Reinforcement pad Calculation30052017.pdf)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Files
  4. ASME Database and In Service Mech Calculation Software

Dear All,

Happy to announce the release of software tools for in service inspection inspectors.

Pls feel free to share, download the software at : sites.google.com/site/PlantInspSoftware

Functions include in this release are:

Library

Properties ( Stress Tables are interpolated and link to calculations)

ASME Part D Table 1A/1B ( Year 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009 )
    ASME Part D Table 2A/2B ( Year 2004, 2005 )
    ASME Part D Table 3 ( Year 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009 )
    ASME Part D Table 4 ( Year 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009 )
    ASME Part D Table 5A/5B ( Year 2007, 2008, 2009 )
    ASME Part D Table Y1 ( Year 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009 )
    ASME Part D Table U ( Year 2004, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009 )
    ASME Part D Table TM ( Year 2004 )
    ASME Part D Geometric Chart For Component Under External Pressure
    ASME Part D External Chart ( All Tables )
    ASME B31.3 Table A1/A2( Year 2012 )
    ASME B31.1 Table A1 to A10 ( Year 2012 )

Pressure Vs Temperature

ASME 16.01
    ASME 16.05
    ASME 16.47

Dimension

ASME 16.20
    ASME 16.21
    ASME 16.05
    ASME 16.47
    ASME 16.09
    ASME 16.11
    ASME 36.10
    ASME 36.19

Shapes

AISC Database Version 14.1

Welding

ASME IX - P No ( Year 2004, 2010 )
    ASME IX - F No ( Year 2004, 2010 )
    ASME IX - A No ( Year 2004, 2010 )

Calculations

ASME VIII Div 1
    Internal Pressure - Cylinder ( Thick/Thin , ID/OD, t/P )
    Internal Pressure - Spherical ( Thick/Thin , ID/OD, t/P )
    Internal Pressure - Conical ( ID/OD, t/P )
    Internal Pressure - Elliptical ( 32d/App 1-4(c)/App 1-4(f)1, ID/OD, t/P )
    Internal Pressure - Torispherical ...
  5. seismic interpretations using seismic attributes

if you want to know latest seismic attributes technology with less money
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/gzbimtsjt4...Attributes.pdf
    Training package Unconventional Seismic Interpretations Using Seismic Attributes (theoretical &applications)

cost 125$ for group 5 persons
    Content Online Lectures face to face,
    Materials and recorded videos
    After courses discussion help on line for 4 hours
    Period of course 20 hours
  6. My Personal Safety Quotes:

Over the years I have come up with several of my own safety and leadership quotations that I have used either in conferences, meetings or training sessions. Sometimes you can say just a few words and the message sticks with people for the rest of their lives. I have put below a few of my favourites that I have had success with when trying to make people accept their responsibilities and become leaders. Hopefully people will find useful to use during their own HSE or OHS training etc.

"Good leaders are those who know how to motivate and challenge people at all levels of an organization to achieve their best performance. In addition they support and provide the resources necessary to ensure it is possible to meet the goals that have been set.

No one cares how much you know about safety, until they know you can add to their success

If you want to be a safety leader you must have innovation to succeed

I may not be a financial director, but I can help reduce your financial loss

If you dont consider safety part of your leadership strategy, then youre in the wrong job

A company director who thinks safety is a costly overhead should resign at the first opportunity

Only a fool would take a risk that would lose money or cause personal injury

You cant say cutback on safety, and build a successful business in the same sentence

Real leaders know when to motivate and when to stand up for change

Wayne Harris
    Chairman of ISQEM

www.isqem.com
  7. Mathworks Matlab R2013a (8.01) Windows x32/x64

Description: Programming language for engineering and mathematical calculations. An extensive library of functions makes it easy to work (in particular a graphical representation of data)

What is Matlab
    MATLAB - a high-level technical computing language, interactive environment for algorithm development and modern tools of data analysis. MATLAB compared to traditional programming languages ??(C / C + +, Java, Pascal, FORTRAN) allows an order to reduce the time solution of typical problems and simplifies the development of new algorithms. MATLAB is the foundation of the entire product family MathWorks is the main tool for solving a wide range of scientific and applied problems in areas such as: modeling facilities and development of control systems, design of communication systems, signal and image processing, measurement signals and testing, financial modeling, computational biology, etc.
    MATLAB allows the kernel as easy to work with real matrices, complex and analytical data types. Contains built-in linear algebra (LAPACK, BLAS), fast Fourier transform (FFTW), functions for working with polynomials, functions, basic statistics and numerical solutions of differential equations. All built-in core MATLAB developed and optimized by experts and work faster or the same as their equivalent in C / C + +
    Key features
    Platform-independent, high-level programming language oriented to matrix computations and the development of algorithms
    Interactive environment for code development, managing files and data
    The functions of linear algebra, statistics, Fourier analysis, the solution of differential equations, etc.
    Rich visualization, 2-D and 3-D graphics
    Built-in user interface design to create complete applications in MATLAB
    Tools integration with C / C + +, inheritance code, ActiveX technology
    Access to the functions. NET

What's new in version R2013a compared with ...
  8. cadworx & cadpipe

hi
    i hope you are fine for CADWORX 2006 TO 2010 AND CADPIPE INDUSTRIAL COMPLETE please see this link. here many other software available.
    http://cgworkshop.webnode.com/software/

for more help contact with me rashidsohail27 @ gmail dot com.
    enjoy and share your ideas with others.
  9. Piping isometric for practics

Dear All i am new here and this is the good place to ask doubt and to get help from senior members .... i need some isometric drawing for doing practice in CAESER-II ..... thankx in advance to you all
  10. Piping isometric for practics

Dear All i am new here and this is the good place to ask doubt and to get help from senior members .... i need some isometric drawing for doing practice in CAESER-II ..... thankx in advance to you all
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast