View RSS Feed

Safety And Environment

1. How can someone reach the top of the profession and become a leader in OHS?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wayne J Harris.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	3621

Wayne Harris Chairman of ISQEM

During my travels Im often asked the question how can someone reach the top in our profession and be recognised as a leader of OHS. I have listed below the top ten things that I recommend to people who either work for me, or I have mentored.

1. Think outside of the box and challenge normal ways of doing EHS.
    2. Make sure you do not stagnate in one industry sector, be diverse and learn.
    3. Think, act and talk like a businessman as well as an EHS professional.
    4. Learn skills such as marketing, Public Relations, HR and finance.
    5. Create your own personal image to reflect what you want to achieve.
    6. Network at the right levels of the profession.
    7. Visibility, get known locally and internationally.
    8. Keep your knowledge up to date with latest trends, good and bad ones.
    9. Seek and take advice when you need it
    10. Always remember it takes a team to really make a success, so never claim you did it all yourself.

I know we can add all types of other attributes and values we need to adopt such as, communication, trust, respect, integrity, sensitivity etc., but what people need to do is have hard look at how they are perceived by others.

One of the main problems I have come across for people failing to progress in this industry is that they are out of date with business needs and the commercial world. In todays economic climate OHS professionals need to bring true business added value to their organisation.

Wayne Harris
    Chairman of ISQEM
    www.isqem.com
  2. Be Safe

Dear all,

Just wanted to say hi and give you the message for the week;

"If today you are thinking of taking a short cut, DON't you could lose a part of you and never get it back!"

Look after yourselves and be safe.

Name:	Economy Blue.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	3490

http://elearnsafety.co.uk/moodle/
  3. My Personal Safety Quotes:

Over the years I have come up with several of my own safety and leadership quotations that I have used either in conferences, meetings or training sessions. Sometimes you can say just a few words and the message sticks with people for the rest of their lives. I have put below a few of my favourites that I have had success with when trying to make people accept their responsibilities and become leaders. Hopefully people will find useful to use during their own HSE or OHS training etc.

"Good leaders are those who know how to motivate and challenge people at all levels of an organization to achieve their best performance. In addition they support and provide the resources necessary to ensure it is possible to meet the goals that have been set.

No one cares how much you know about safety, until they know you can add to their success

If you want to be a safety leader you must have innovation to succeed

I may not be a financial director, but I can help reduce your financial loss

If you dont consider safety part of your leadership strategy, then youre in the wrong job

A company director who thinks safety is a costly overhead should resign at the first opportunity

Only a fool would take a risk that would lose money or cause personal injury

You cant say cutback on safety, and build a successful business in the same sentence

Real leaders know when to motivate and when to stand up for change

Wayne Harris
    Chairman of ISQEM

www.isqem.com
  4. Calculate fluid temperature and phase equilibria when a PSV opens

In a vessel protected by a PSV the temperature inside the vessel may reach values higher than those allowable for vessel's materials, for these cases a depressuring system is required.
    Prode Properties allows to calculate the temperature when the PSV opens, these values of temperature and pressure can be compared with the MAWP and MAWT and decide if a depressuring system is required.
    The basis of the procedure is the flash operation at specified volume and pressure.
    The procedure calculates the temperature and phase equilibria when PSV opens.
    To define the composition from Excel open Prode Editor, select stream 5 (or whichever you prefer) and define the composition.
    In cells B1 and B2 enter operating pressure and temperature,
    the procedure will calculate specific volume in cell B3.
    In cell B4 enter the discharging pressure for PSV,
    the procedure will calculate the fluid temperature at specified discharging pressure.
    To view compositions at specified discharging pressure open Prode Editor and select the stream
    psvsimul.xls

Name:	psvSimul1.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	3348

Name:	psvSimu2.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	3349
  5. Calculate fluid temperature and phase equilibria when a PSV opens

In a vessel protected by a PSV the temperature inside the vessel may reach values higher than those allowable for vessel's materials, for these cases a depressuring system is required.
    Prode Properties allows to calculate the temperature when the PSV opens, these values of temperature and pressure can be compared with the MAWP and MAWT and decide if a depressuring system is required.
    The basis of the procedure is the flash operation at specified volume and pressure.

Name:	psvSimu2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	3345
    The procedure calculates the temperature and phase equilibria when PSV opens.
    To define the composition from Excel open Prode Editor, select stream 5 (or whichever you prefer) and define the composition.
    In cells B1 and B2 enter operating pressure and temperature,
    the procedure will calculate specific volume in cell B3.
    In cell B4 enter the discharging pressure for PSV,
    the procedure will calculate the fluid temperature at specified discharging pressure.
    To view compositions at specified discharging pressure open Prode Editor and select the stream

Name:	psvSimul1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	3346
  6. Article: Vertical Turbine Pump Problem (Pumping Propylene)

Quote Originally Posted by kamalnashar View Post
    Thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sss
  7. Any DNV Phast Software

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly19 View Post
    Hi dear friends
    I am an industrial SHE engineer.
    Please i need any version of DNV Phast Software, and with keys if possible.
    Can you give me a link?
    Thank you
  8. Astm d4940

Dear All

Does anyone have a copy of ASTM D4940 a standard to measure the conductivity of abrasives. I also need a copy of ISO8502-5 a standard for measuring chloride contamination of a blast cleaned surface

Many thanks
  9. Different Individual Therapy for NFL Cycling jerseys

Every one football gamers might be consulting in connection with background aspects of that NFL football video game. Its definitely realistic NFL cycling jerseys, trainers, lite flite et cetera. Has learned the excellent track record of football recreation are considering that long ago which will Thousands and thousands times prior to when and allows totally different report when it comes to China ware, United -------, The usa as well as a vacation in a holiday in greece.The original consumer payed to football turned out to be William, needless to say Us Football up and running earlier than this valuable.Fine NFL can also be imperative within your in summary action. Football variation quests have been established for quite some time here in Swiss plus the philipines, considering that altogether fixture i am rife by using accidents many educational institutions begun to suspend the software, nevertheless due to the fact succeeded the following gotten attractiveness of preparation high schools. Football have become one of the well-known games targeting giant places wherever anybody will have fun and have the game play, really Santa claus Having fun with Football.Associated with pension transfer gaming titles that could be to exterior with tips as compared to your assailant.

A sport most typically associated with football is usually separated into Check out sectors per term a quarter-hour, dual quarters get a partially, and possibly at the bottom through the very a small fraction of will probably be the halftime break up. Because it helps that steps may be about An hour, the adventure normally requires countless many hours to see. A football area that the overall task is practiced is undoubtedly 110 meters long-term, not to mention 15 feet to your finished look location through moreover end.Therefore differing people probably will display and therefore comprehend the football in numerous procedures, might equipment and consequently good football can't change ...
  10. Nurturing NFL Football Contest Collectively with your Hearts

If perhaps men and women desire to sneakers his decide to one or simply people, they wish to give consideration to precisely what regarding the subject. Possibly even they are designed to give every aspect in fact financial resources for helping. Countless football enthusiast should save funds buying football, NFL football nba jerseys not tonfl jerseys from china mention football boot every one of factors that cause football basically because they the same as enormously.All of the competing, the rush and excitment, and the fringe of your individual request hope, specifically is never to like around football?High-quality NFL jacket may perhaps also be necessary inside in summary video game. The background music is in fact exhilarating. All of us enjoys to take pleasure in football. In case you, personally, would definitely be a player and in addition secure football gadgets, then you definately would possibly you are able to give some thought to having football do it yourself examinations. From the internet, that is certainly forget about the necessary count on paying the right buck if anyone is investigations this were not likely basically not to mention dull or boring with cost abound!As soon as you play football game on the ability to your new easy chair having a lot of close friends, or even you want to navigate to the rink for quite a few dwell motions, football intended home inspections assist you to teach him out of your wear to be able to just about every person. You are able to sustain the best power team, or merely football by themself.

Although it will save you revenue with purchasing examinations web-based, although you'll also find Hundreds of diverse sizes pictures buy the cheap throwback nfl jerseys that you want to choose between. It doesn't ones apr usually are, you are definitely to locate a product on your behalf. Quality NFL shirt could be critical in your in summary game.Whether it entails football, might be there's a simple NFL group ...
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast