PDA

View Full Version : Field optimisation

Yengineer
06-10-2009, 06:05 AM
Hi Guys,

I have been asked to look at a shallow gas field, for any uphole optimisation possibilities.
There are about 80 wells, completed with 38.1mm CT and with no liquid loading problems. Actually, they are flowing through a wet meter orifice to the gas station were the separator is located. There is little known about the performance (IPR) of the wells. What I typically have, is only the initial pressure and the production history.
I think since there are no liquid loading problems, optimisation should consist more on compressor power and intake pressure.

Since is my first time dealing with these kind of problem every advice is welcome.
Aproach?
Software?
Things to keep in mind? etc.

mikifran
07-26-2009, 08:29 AM
The main problem with gas wells is liquid loading but you said that you do not have this problem, How the production curve looks like. If it has a normal decline curve obviously you do not have liquid loading problem, but if there is some anormal decline, you can use a plunger lift is a good and cheaper methods to optimze gas well production. I used this system in oil wells with gas linft intermitent in order to reduce gas lift requirements and paraffin control. I have a paper with case study in gas well. Let me kbow if you need a copy

rgerussia
07-26-2009, 05:07 PM
Hi MikiFran!

Your idea about of plunger lift for gas lift well is so gooad and make me so curious! I am working in production department of oil company in VietNam "Vietsopetro JV" so could you give me some description or paper about this method!? Many thanks in advance!
My email: rusdvvn@mail.ru

mikifran
07-26-2009, 06:51 PM
Find attached a pdf document in spanish aboutaplication of pluner lift in gas well

Lookin in the internet ferguson plunger lift. It is a company with a lot of experience in this systems and they have papers with information that can help you

pls let me know if ypou neew more inf

regards

Mikifran[

QUOTE=rgerussia;53709]Hi MikiFran!

Your idea about of plunger lift for gas lift well is so gooad and make me so curious! I am working in production department of oil company in VietNam "Vietsopetro JV" so could you give me some description or paper about this method!? Many thanks in advance!

darcyoil
07-27-2009, 08:24 AM
My suggestion would be to do a full-field rate transient analysis/ decline curve analysis, integrating pressure-production data. Then, keeping an eye on flowing THP, see if the individual plots of productivity indices versus time show any abnormal dips. If yes, then check your surface network, and debottleneck selectively, maybe by installing wellhead compression. The problem with shallow gas reservoirs is that their deliverabilities are very sensitive to backpressure, so, if some wells are flowing at higher pressures, they would "choke-back" the others.

rgerussia
08-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Hi Mikifan!
many thanks for your paper. but so pity that I cant understand Spanish :(((...Could you have this paper in English!? Or tell me where can I find it!?

Thanks in advance!

Best wishes!
Alek!

Find attached a pdf document in spanish aboutaplication of pluner lift in gas well

Lookin in the internet ferguson plunger lift. It is a company with a lot of experience in this systems and they have papers with information that can help you

pls let me know if ypou neew more inf

regards

Mikifran[

QUOTE=rgerussia;53709]Hi MikiFran!

kochichiro
08-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Man, Russians are hopeless. There is a wonderful book: “Gas Well Deliquification Second Edition”, try to find it. Also, this book released in Russia on Russian language, so ask your Gazprom friends about it.

Yengineer
08-09-2009, 07:58 AM
Thanks guys, all of you. Special thanks to darcyoil - your sugestions were interesant, If you have time would you explain them in more detail? or refer me to any paper/material which explains your idea?
Wanted to come back earlier to this thread but egpet.net has been down all this time.

petroboll
07-21-2011, 07:58 AM
if you have data you can use model integrate, make GAP(PROSPER-MBAL). is good tool.