PDA

View Full Version : Article: Security in Nigeria

geofflloyd
07-10-2013, 05:00 AM
You can view the page at

sundutt
07-25-2013, 11:33 AM
hello!

Some of my friends are working in ethylene plant as well as in chevron joint venture of gas to liquid facility. As per their information they used to stay in compound provided by the company. At time of visit to home country only they come out from the compound. they are working since last 2-3 yrs on rotation. but they feel safe 7 ok.. if you need any other information--company specific I will give you their contact info, you can directly talk or mail them.. have a nice day!

diocorona
08-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Hi

Kidnapping of expatriates has seriously been reduced in the Niger Delta region. Am a Nigerian and i live in the Niger delta region. Some years ago it was very rampant due to the insurgencies and militant activities in the region but since after the federal government amnesty program, kidnapping has been reduced tho not absolutely eradicated but reduced. Our local security is not very efficient, that is very true but most expatriates are secured by military personnel and joint task force. In my opinion i will advice you to go for the job, there are a lot of foreign workers in Nigeria just like sundutt confirmed in his above post. Also know that its not as bad as you think, the media exaggerates our insecurity problems, its not really as people outside think......Almost all oil facilities in Nigeria is supervised and controlled by foreigners....I hope you reconsider the offer.... you can write me anytime in case you need any info...best of luck!