PDA

View Full Version : NACE, SSPC or other membership?

Irishman
09-25-2011, 09:48 PM
Good evening everyone!
My work requires me to be as updated with the corrosion issues as possible (mostly marine corrosion - painting and blasting of ships). Thus, I have decided to join an association which is internationally recognized and who will provide me with the necessary updates.
I first considered NACE, than I found out about SSPC.
Which one of these two would you recommend and why? Or do yo have a third one in mind?
I am located in Eastern Europe so it does not matter if it is from USA, UK or other country as long as they provide the information in English.
Thank you all!

Best regards!

andi111
10-18-2011, 09:45 AM
I would recommend you to join both since they provide you extensive range of protective coating issue either in shipbuilding or offshore platform environment. If you're priority is protective coating, SSPC provides more resources compared to NACE in that it publishes more coating standards. On the other hand, NACE is more resourceful in terms of corrosion-related issues.

Cheers,
Iqbal

pg1916
11-01-2011, 05:03 AM
I had been subscribing to NACE for last 9 years.For the amount of annual subsription you pay (US 130.00/yr) one will get more than that.Such as downlaoding access to all NACE standards, NACE annual Conference papers, all SSPC/NACEstandards.I wouldthinkif you subsrcibe to NACE you get money's worth.Plus you'll have to their forums and get clarifications to any technical queries.

Thanks
P.Goswami
pgoswami@quickclic.net

Irishman
11-27-2011, 09:11 PM
I have decided to join NACE. It offers far better benefits than SSPC, and it is more appreciated in Eastern Europe compared to SSPC or other similar memberships.
Thank you for your messages.