View Full Version : Static bottom hole pressure

bayan
04-16-2011, 04:17 PM
Please can i calculate static BHP IF I HAVE Pfw bottom hole flowing pressure
please help meeeeeeeeeeeee
Thanks in advance

vinomarky
04-17-2011, 12:48 AM
To take FBHP to Pr, you need rate, kh/Skin, reservoir size and drawdown/buildup pressure behaviour etc information - essentially this is the process of welltesting

bayan
04-17-2011, 08:14 AM
Thank you for your reply I know your mean but I mean if I have Pwf only how can i get SBHP

vinomarky
04-17-2011, 08:39 AM
I dont think you do know what I mean, because if you did you would not be asking the same question again

If all you have is Pwf then there is no way you can come up with anything close to a unique solution of Pr

IF you have rate history, know the initial reservoir pressure, make some assumptions on reservoir size/geometry and kh, then you can do some simple simulations to try to come up with a likely range of reservoir pressure. Similarly, depending upon whether you thought you were in transient/steady-state/pss, you could use one of a few different analytical equations that along with a rate you could (gu)estimate the reservoir pressure.

If ALL you have is Pwf, then you are sol

bayan
04-17-2011, 08:49 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR QUICK REPLY.IF I HAVE Kh and history rate and reservoir size please what is the formula that will use to calculate Static BHP

vinomarky
04-17-2011, 09:12 AM
For steady state - Darcy's equation

For transient - try Earlougher's equation. But if you are still in transient flow, you probably have not have much depletion yet and so could probably just assume Pi

bayan
04-17-2011, 10:19 AM
Thank you so much for your cooperation.please have you any materials for Eclipse program courses .I got good materials form this forum.
again thank you

ivan_aljeburi
04-17-2011, 08:06 PM
The easiest way to estimate BHSP from Pwf is to draw Pwf vs.Q ...and extraplotae the line to Q=0 Sm3/d

best regards

bayan
04-18-2011, 08:43 AM
Thank you so much for your reply and explain

paolomaldini
01-15-2012, 12:06 AM
Thanks