View Full Version : How to convert foreign Engineering degree into a valid Indian Degree equivalent?

09-24-2010, 11:42 AM
Hello India,
I have just graduated from Universiti Teknologi PETRONAS, Malaysia. B.Eng (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering. Medium of Instruction is English. The university is recognized in Aus, US, UK. The university is about to get approval from Washington Accord.

1) I would like to know the process of getting the degree equivalent in India.

2) Can I practice as an engineer in India without converting?

3) Which organization is responsible for registering engineers in India?

4) I have to approach AICTE or HEC?