PDA

View Full Version : Capital cost estimation of evaporators

melpomenne
07-26-2010, 11:04 AM
Hi!

I'm designing a quintuple evaporator station for cane juice but i can't find capital costs anywhere available on the web! And the manufacturers aren't willing to reply to student requests. Can anyone help me with it plz? I just need initial capital costs to start with, i can work the economics on my own.

Thanks

henj
08-02-2010, 07:35 AM
If you can't find actual cost prices you may use a estimation.
Take a look at this excel sheet in :

or

Here you have data on Vaporizer and Evaporator Data

There is also a book on cost estimation - posted some time ago.
Here it is:

eters_.rar

Hope this could help you?

brahmhos
08-02-2010, 11:30 AM
the mediafire uplod file is corrupt. can you reup with proper file? thanks

henj
08-02-2010, 04:50 PM
It is okay for me. Try to download it again.

The newst data could be found in chapter 21 (page 721) in this book:

Hope you could use these figures.

brahmhos
08-03-2010, 09:10 AM
thanks and will give you the feedback

Lake Rolf
08-16-2010, 12:54 PM
I'm just adding to Elizabeth's well-researched answer with some additional comments and details:

I agree that it's a tall order to get to Stockholm, Gothenburg and Skåne in just a week. I would recommend 10 days at least unless you skip Stockholm... ;-)

I've you're planning to stay in hostels, which is by far the most affordable accommodation option, I recommend the STF hostels (Swedish Tourist Association). It's definitely worth being members of either STF or Hostelling International (better if you're spending nights in Denmark, too), as non-members pay higher rates than those quoted on their sites.

AbeMajor
09-08-2010, 09:47 AM
I'm just adding to Elizabeth's well-researched answer with some additional comments and details:

I agree that it's a tall order to get to Stockholm, Gothenburg and Skåne in just a week. I would recommend 10 days at least unless you skip Stockholm... ;-)

I've you're planning to stay in hostels, which is by far the most affordable accommodation option, I recommend the STF hostels (Swedish Tourist Association). It's definitely worth being members of either STF or Hostelling International (better if you're spending nights in Denmark, too), as non-members pay higher rates than those quoted on their sites.