PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Lightning and Lightning Protection

f81aa
03-02-2010, 10:57 PM
The advent of complex intelligent structures and low-voltage electronic installations within buildings requires increasingly sophisticated lightning protections techniques. Understanding Lightning and Lightning Protection is a unique self-teaching tool that provides an in-depth understanding of lightning protection.

Understanding Lightning and Lightning Protection helps the reader to understand the propagation of waves within complex intelligent structures within buildings, and the operation of systems designed to protect these structures. It also comments on proper human behavior during a lightning thunderstorm.

* Shows the fundamental processes of the lightning phenomenon, and helps the reader to understand the measures of protection against lightning damage.
* Offers a new theory and calculation method to estimate the efficiency of lightning air termination systems, which helps to evaluate the residual risk of the lightning protection system.
* Examines the propagation of waves and the associated protection of intelligent systems against lightning electromagnetic impulses.

This teaching tool is designed for senior undergraduate and postgraduate students in electrical engineering, construction, physics and meteorology. It will also provide a valuable resource for practitioners within electric power distribution, electronics, informatics & construction safety.

Interested Forum members can download it from

Best regards

shakmed
04-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Nice knowledgeable book f81aa. Tks for sharing.

ksanto
04-05-2010, 10:23 AM
Many thanks f81aa, this book very helpful...

sambun
04-06-2010, 04:50 PM
thanks !

premo83
07-09-2010, 12:13 AM
very nice...

mutrosa
07-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks !

saurabhkumarsaxena
11-20-2010, 02:55 PM
pls up load again

f81aa
11-21-2010, 05:11 AM
Hi:

New link is

Kebian
01-13-2011, 09:38 AM
Hi f81aa, i am new, a young electrical engineer, am into electrical design. i followed the link andtried to download the your lightning stuff but to no avail. Pls help me, i need it. i would also appreciate any electrical system design softwares you have to give to help me. Thank you

regards,
kebian

f81aa
01-15-2011, 06:57 AM
Hi Kebian:

The new link is

Regards

Kebian
01-20-2011, 03:12 PM
Hi f81aa,

It's kebian again. i have your lightning stuff now and i find it very enlightening. My prob. though is that anytime i open it to read the pictures/illustrations don't show up and it affects my appreciation and understanding somewhat. Pls help me

i look forward to your response.

regards,
kebian

f81aa
01-22-2011, 05:24 AM
Hi kebian:

I look at my copy and found no spaces missing, just one blank page at the end of each chapter.

I read the preface and found this paragraph:

"This book is attached to a computer program, and it gives textual commentaries to each picture displayed on the screen. The computer program can be used without this book, because the same commentary can be also displayed and read on the
screen. It depends on the decision of the user, whether the printed or the displayed text will be preferred. The book cannot be properly used without the computer program."

I agree with your comment that not being able to see the photographs affects one's appreciation and understanding somewhat.

Looking for safety-related books some time ago, I found and downloaded the file using eMule, no computer program attached. Sorry!

If anybody has and can share the missing computer program, please do so.

Regards

Kebian
01-24-2011, 01:33 PM
Hello Everybody,
Anyone with the program eMule? kindly give me a link, i need it

regards,
kebian

f81aa
01-29-2011, 05:42 AM
Hi Kebian:

eMule is a free peer-to-peer file sharing application for Microsoft Windows. If you are lucky, it may help you to download whatever file you are looking for. More information about this software can be found in

And you can download it from:

Regards

mkhurram79
02-09-2011, 04:13 AM
thank u so much

f81aa
05-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Hi:

New link is:

Regards

saga1972
06-03-2011, 06:08 AM
It's quite useful. Thanks a lot.

cytech
06-03-2011, 06:14 PM
Hi All,

LIghtning protection, Two or three air terminal installed how many down conduction/pit required.

Regards
Cy