PDA

View Full Version : Sulfur Recovery Unit

talk2hnag
01-24-2010, 08:43 AM
Can anyone provide me the manuals or some technical details about sulfur recovery unit. (Regarding design of SRU and trouble shooting)

kermitel
01-24-2010, 12:08 PM
HI
Search on GPSA Data Book
download WinSim Design II from their site--you can find it an sample of procees explained in GPSA data book
morE Details in PROMAX and SULSIM

feune111962
01-26-2010, 11:00 PM
You also need the following book : Gas Purification by Kohl and Nielsen, editor: Gulf publishing

spk
01-27-2010, 08:02 AM
I need SRU design manual using Claus Process.

feune111962
01-30-2010, 02:18 PM
For educational purpose, the better information I have seen is in the GPSA and the other book I have mentionned.

For professional purpose, the claus unit design is a very specific area and I do not think it is possible to design a claus unit if you do not work in a company which has a serous experience in the area.

However, here are some information : heat and material balance is usually done with the software SULSIM. It is dedicated to CLAUS units but it does not give you the sizing of the equipment.

For the sizing of the furnace, the waste heat boiler etc., homemade tools baqsed on empirical data are used. I have seen that the following document: "Design Manual for Amoco sulfur recovery technology" is widely used but I do not have it. Design software like TASC or others are useless because of the complexity of sulphur condensation process (what do you have in the gas phase, S8, S2 ? nobody knows exactly) and the high temperature (around 1200C and the inlet of the waste heat boiler, no commercial software can handle that).

When it comes to detailed design, experience in claus units is necessary because of the high temperatures, acid gases, liquid sulfur handling etc.

If you some questions do not hesitate.

talk2hnag
02-05-2010, 03:00 AM
Thanks for ur reply,
Does anyone has technical papers of SULFUR EXPERTS and books published by SULFUR EXPERTS.
please

sulphurmike
02-10-2010, 04:50 PM
I can provide you
but its around amine & sour water and claus plant
If you have SULSIM SOFT and working we can exchange.
Kind Regards SULPHURMIKE

spk
03-27-2010, 10:17 AM
I also need it.
Thanks

karthickchem1986
03-05-2011, 09:36 AM
GPSA is the better book for you.. U can get the Claus process- Sulphur recovery.. Try for that

Praveen@EOL
03-12-2011, 10:01 PM
Dear all ,

Please provide me book - Gas purification by Arthur L. Kohl, Richard B. Nielsen. (Download link)

If any other book regarding SRU please give me the download link . It will be really helpful for me to understand claus process very well as i am working in SRU unit.

I have few doubts regarding the process so it will be really great to read some literature and understand it . please hep me .

jaibogo
09-11-2011, 06:10 PM
Prveen@EOL:
Here are your Gas Purification book.

Saludos
Jaime

pigkyjoy
09-14-2011, 07:35 AM
thank you

gion_ro40
11-10-2016, 09:03 AM
Hi,

Please, who has a detail project(P&IDs, Data Sheets, Specs, Calculation, etc.) for Sulfur Recovery & Tail Gas Treatment?
Any information will be appreciated.

Regards,

GI