http://www.thekeytoislam.com/
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: HTRI learning - Question and Answers

Thanks
    Dear All,
    Does Anyone can help me how to simulate Xist with disc and doughnut baffle, thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Spons Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    Hey guys, got a quick question for you! i'm trying to do a Xist (Shell & Tube) but when I try and get the calculation it returns with an error message stating the security check failed. any advice?

Recent Threads by macbookpro :

•    Sponsored Links

-

Thanks
      I tried to design an heat exchanger using HTRI and ASPEN HTFS softwares, I got same MTD but different no. of tubes and heat trabsfer coefficients. HTRI shows less heat transfer coefficient while more no. of tubes and HTFS shows vice versa.
      My question is that which one is reliable, suppose if we fabricate exchanger by both softwares which one will give us satisfactory performance.

Thanks
      Hi
      I dont know whether this is the right place to put my question. But i need the shell side calculation procedure in a shell and tube heat exchanger. Kindly help.

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by dhproeng View Post
      I tried to design an heat exchanger using HTRI and ASPEN HTFS softwares, I got same MTD but different no. of tubes and heat trabsfer coefficients. HTRI shows less heat transfer coefficient while more no. of tubes and HTFS shows vice versa.
      My question is that which one is reliable, suppose if we fabricate exchanger by both softwares which one will give us satisfactory performance.
      Sure there is a difference - there method are not quit the same. But are your data the same, and how big difference?
      Maybe upload the files .htri and htfs.

Take a look in say Robert Serth book: Process Heat Transfer Principles and applications you have some examples of the differences in results in chapt. 7.

You may find the book here

[This link Point to another website Only registered and activated users can see links.]
      I am sure that the HTRI will give satisfactory performance - if used correctly and with in the limits ...

Thanks
      Quote Originally Posted by rajeshgiet View Post
      Hi
      I dont know whether this is the right place to put my question. But i need the shell side calculation procedure in a shell and tube heat exchanger. Kindly help.
      Take a look in chapt. 5-6 in Robert Serth book: Process Heat Transfer Principles and applications. Links in my post above. Or say any other book on heat exchanger.

Thanks

Thanks
      I need help for the following problem(in HTRI/HTFS)

A condeser with hot process vapours (Ammonia, Carbondioxide and water vapour) on shell side is cooled by cooling water. The shell side vapours are condensed and subcooled. While condensing, shell side vapours react to form Ammonium carbamate /Ammonium hydroxide which are exothermic . The heat duty based on shell side includes, heat of reaction, latent heat and sensible heat. How to input the total heat duty with chemical reaction in HTRI/HTFS. If the manually calculated heat duty is enetered with one shell side temperature, it calculates the other shell side temperature based on heat balance, which is not the real case.
      Hope the problem is understandable. I think there may be many such cases of heat exchangers with chemical reaction. How to design it with HTRI/HTFS. Need your help.

Recent Threads by adav123 :

Thanks
      Yes in many cases one need to estimate things that software can't give directly..

If me I would calculate this case as a serials of exchangers and "reactors" for the heat from reactions. Ether by hand or maybe better in Aspen HYSYS/HTFS?

A workaround for quick calculation could be to change the heat capacity of the shell side to include the heat of reaction. But anyway it need some puzzles to get good figures.

I hope this could give you a direction to solve your problem?
      Last edited by henj; 07-29-2010 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Add HYSYS for serials of HX/reactors

Thanks
      Dear Friend,
      Thanks for your reply. It confirms my understanding that no direct solution is available for such cases in HTRI/HTFS . May be future vesrion of HTRI/HTFS will integrate such requirements.
      Still, if any of the forum members have managed todo it using software, I would like to hear from them.

Thanks

Recent Threads by adav123 :

Thanks
      dears,
      i have simulate a case in hysys and i want to design cooler with the help of HTRI, directly form hysys, tell me how can i do?

Recent Threads by mehul10941 :

Thanks
        dear all

i,m beginner at HTRI
        is there a tutorial alike e-book or e-file ?
        please upload it for me and others

thank's

•