Now We can access Petroleum Community by domain www.petrolcom.net______________ website new domain www.petrolcom.net

Thread: How do I design in have autotransformer in ETAP?

Thanks

How design autotransformer in ETAP?

I have autotransformer consisting of 3 single-phase auto transformers 400/220 / 31.5 kV and 267 MVA unit capacity or total capacity of 800 MVA

Modeling it with a 3-Winding Transformer * but I can't understand in the section for "impedance" resistance for a 800 MVA оr for a 267 MVA should I enter?

› See More: How do I design in have autotransformer in ETAP?
    Last edited by fgm; 03-04-2016 at 01:10 AM.

2. # ADS
    Spons Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    You need to read symmetrical components by blackburn to know the basics. You need to go back the basics of per unit calculations.

Let's always remember that:
    ETAP is just a tool. A garbage input results in a garbage output.

Sent from Mars using Tapatalk

4.    Sponsored Links

-

Thanks

Re: How do I design in have autotransformer in ETAP?

Hi*

when dealing with single phase transformers to be connected to form a bank of three phase power transformer* the impedance per transformer should be used. this is independent when it is connected as an auto transformer bank. But* since the auto transformer is like a three-winding transformer* the nameplate of the transformer will have illustrated three values of impedances measured with respect to each other (i.e. H-X* H-Y* X-Y). In this case* you have to solve the value of impedance per side of transformer (H* X* Y) because these data are needed in the power flow software. the formula for that is usually written in several excellent texts in power system. In the case of PSS/E* you will have to just input the nameplate parameters and the software engine will solve the required impedances.

Thanks

Hi*

when dealing with single phase transformers to be connected to form a bank of three phase power transformer* the impedance per transformer should be used. this is independent when it is connected as an auto transformer bank. But* since the auto transformer is like a three-winding transformer* the nameplate of the transformer will have illustrated three values of impedances measured with respect to each other (i.e. H-X* H-Y* X-Y). In this case* you have to solve the value of impedance per side of transformer (H* X* Y) because these data are needed in the power flow software. the formula for that is usually written in several excellent texts in power system. In the case of PSS/E* you will have to just input the nameplate parameters and the software engine will solve the required impedances.

Thanks

Thank's.
    I will use the impedance for a 267 MVA in p.u %

Thanks

double post

Thanks

[This link Point to another website Only registered and activated users can see links.]

[This link Point to another website Only registered and activated users can see links.]

Last edited by himmelstern; 09-12-2017 at 11:05 PM.

Thanks

thanks himmelstern

Thanks

I found an autotransformer on GIS or geoespatial diagram* for railway applications* it used for etrax module.

and

Last edited by himmelstern; 09-14-2017 at 08:06 PM.

Thanks

Re: How design autotransformer in ETAP?

Quote Originally Posted by fgm

I have autotransformer consisting of 3 single-phase auto transformers 400/220 / 31.5 kV and 267 MVA unit capacity or total capacity of 800 MVA
    Modeling it with a 3-Winding Transformer * but I can't understand in the section for "impedance" resistance for a 800 MVA ذ¾r for a 267 MVA should I enter?
    OK so 3W TX

If LV winding = 800 kva and if Teritry winding = 200 kva then HV winding will = 1000kva (sum) in most cases.
    Now you must check impedance Z% from manufacturer nameplate. With Z% and kva you can calculate R* X *X/R ratio.

*very important*: depend on software make sure you calculate above values on correct base power (usually winding kva). I see many mistake from this error.

Edit: i misread your best* what i say above is for three winding transforner* autotransformer might be different.
    Last edited by user82; 09-15-2017 at 08:00 PM.

Thanks

14. The Following User Says Thank You to himmelstern For This Useful Post:

user82 (09-15-2017)

•