http://www.thisistruth.org/index.php
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: VANTAGE AVEVA PDMS_12, Installation procedure

Thanks
    ok rahman,

hey 'stop begging start digging' (that's my fav motto lol) please !!, i just TRY TO HELP here you guys with my 'conducive hand' as you say ...apart from that, thx for those links to the Community, but it's clearly USELESS to download 'all programs in the world', i mean 'if 1 runs that's enough' no ??...so first WHICH one do you want to install and intend to use : PDMS v11.6 or v12 ?,...and also tell me which (exact version or service pack) of v11.6 do you have ??...

now, DID YOU READ my previous msgs, did you go to AVEVA's website or did you dl and looked at the Installation Guide PDFs manuals i posted ??!! :
    'you prefer to work on your laptop (Vista only)'?, fine pal...but i told you that PDMS was built for XP-compatibility only / NOT for other OS such as Vista,Mac OS x,Linux,Sun,etc (older versions used to run on NT or UNIX servers but...maybe 8/10years ago,not anymore)...so i think it's BEST either if you run it from your Desktop, or make a Dual-boot Vista/XP on 2partitions on your Laptop...all right ?

but, even that may not be true and there's a different SOLUTION for you, because popynka managed to run/cr@ck it on Vista (doing some changes) !! see his picture so that seems POSSIBLE too (but i've never tested) :

[This link Point to another website Only registered and activated users can see links.]

[This link Point to another website Only registered and activated users can see links.] ...

Last edited by alwaw911; 04-17-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Recent Threads by alwaw911 :

• The Following User Says Thank You to alwaw911 For This Useful Post:

pdmsuser (06-06-2012)

• # ADS
      Spons Circuit advertisement

Thanks
      so here's MY advice/solution and what i suggest you/people to do:

-for v12 -> go to this thread

[This link Point to another website Only registered and activated users can see links.]
      -for v11.6 and even for v12 -> follow these steps i've given before in this order :

1-)OS : Windows XP preferred...Vista maybe, Windows 7 i don't think at all ?! (will be supported by future PDMS version/service packs i guess but not now...),
      2-)Graphic card : no pb with your laptop or desktop pc i think...have latest drivers installed if possible,
      3-).NET Framework : be sure to have dotnetfx1.1 and 2.0 (and even 3.0 or 3.5 for v12) already installed BEFORE installing the program, it is a MUST and people often forget that (certainly because like you they don't read the Installation manuals)!/,

4-)install PDMS v11.6 or v12 and it's better imo to keep the DEFAULT locations at disk root(C:\AVEVA\Pdms or X:\AVEVA\Pdms where X is your drive letter, e.g on my computer it's H...not in Program Files),
      5-)install any add-ons/p@tches/fixes/upgrades if you have any...WHAT does a p@tch/fix do?, they are continually released by AVEVA and provided to their customers to correct/fix some bugs, sorry to sound dumb but really it's those who can't get it the DUMB !...
      here's their hierarchy USED : for example PDMS v11.6 is main version,v11.6 SP1=11.6.1 is service pack (major release),11.6.1.1 is fix (corrects minor errors),11.1.6.5 is p@tch in this order...similarly your 12.0.0.1 or 12.0.0.3 is v12 SP0 in fact, not yet v12 SP1, you get it???
      ...practically, these files will update/REPLACE previous dlls/exe(i.e design/draft/isodraft/admin/etc modules executables...but don't'double-click'on them it's useless, you don't start PDMS like that),
      6-)next copy/apply any cr@ck in your dled files if there is (official p@tch is LEGAL/cr@ck by an unknown guy is ILLEGAL..well you see the point) ...so WHAT does a cr@ck do? well, obviously it will CR@CK the dlls/executables not replace them,and create in my case these 4new BATCH files in same directory which are the'real executables': bpm.bat(=Background Process Manager),make.bat
      (=Make PDMS New Project...apart from the 3 ProjectS IMPerial/MASter/SAMple supplied directly with PDMS),pdms.bat(=REAL PDMS...if everything's ok you start by double-clicking it or the shortcut desktop, not now!),
      7-)install Flexman License Manager now in the same AVEVA directory if not already done(i checked yesterday at AVEVA'support page->Licensing->Flexman : "Flexman 4.1 All AVEVA new products except the Tribon series","Flexman 3.1 &3.1SP1 All AVEVA products before the end of 2008"...which means PDMS v11.4/11.5/11.6 and even your v12.0 issued in july08 use Flxman 3.1 / only PDMS v12 SP4 or SP5 use new Flexman 4.1 which is different and 'much bigger'(7Mb versus 17Mb)...and THAT'S WHY i told u i think i can help!!),...JUST install it, not configure/start it for now...

so, up to now, is that CLEAR ??!!...report if you're ok at this stage.

and then, to be able to help you from this point, i NEED that you post your License file included / and a screenshot showing (exactly) where's your pb during the Installation process, or that attach a copy of them to me via pm...but first of all, you didn't reply so far if 'you're SURE that your License file is valid or not' ??, and plz feedback to confirm you're ok and did well from step 1-) through 7-) too...

Last edited by alwaw911; 04-18-2010 at 12:52 AM.

pdmsuser (06-06-2012)

•    Sponsored Links

-

Thanks
        hmm rahman,... still waiting 4 your reply here, but i read it again : SORRY for that, seems that my explanations here
        may be a bit confusing/MISLEADING for you no ?!?!;...so you've ALREADY installed the program and get this 'License server error msg' when you click on Run PDMS shortcut, am i right ??,

-well, if you TRULY managed to solve the pb and run it...then that's cool for you and you may also report/help other members in the future
        -if not, then i suggest you un-install it completely and restart again from SCRATCH following the steps i've written...

pdmsuser (06-06-2012)

Thanks

sorry for being late

i have installed xp sp3 and vista in dual boot system in my laptop. so i need ur advice in details how can i work either in PDMS 12.0.0.1 or PDMS 11.6?....as far as i know u r working on PDMS 11.6 successfully...in xp.....plz provide all details information how can i run PDMS successfully in xp sp3 ?.......

Thanks

Thumbs up stiil looking

as soon you have a license file for Fleximan let me know pls .

Recent Threads by ponpyka :

• The Following User Says Thank You to ponpyka For This Useful Post:

pdmsuser (06-06-2012)

Thanks
            ...But popynka, 1)HOW did you start your PDMS 12.0.0.3 if you don't have a License file too ???...or did it work (just) using a Cr@ck included ?,...and 2)have u also EXPLAINED which 'changes' you made to run it under Vista ??, there seems to be guys like rahman and others
            interested and i'm also curious lol

Thx.

pdmsuser (06-06-2012)

Thanks

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by rahman View Post
              i have installed xp sp3 and vista in dual boot system in my laptop. so i need ur advice in details how can i work either in PDMS 12.0.0.1 or PDMS 11.6?....as far as i know u r working on PDMS 11.6 successfully...in xp.....plz provide all details information how can i run PDMS successfully in xp sp3 ?.......
              now rahman, sorry for being late too , my friend...
              ok, so what i told before are the BASIC hardware requirements to run PDMS : have you noticed post #98, it is really IMPORTANT !!!;

but you haven't replied my asking so far or sent a pm : HOW can you expect me to help if you don't do at least do that ??? ...sorry to repeat myself bro here, but plz i first want you to tell me if you did SUCCESSFULLY up to step 7-) or if you read the PDF Installation guide manuals given and did catch a thing or not; then i need a copy of your License file (even if you're NOT sure if it's valid or not, i know how to use services under FLEXLM and i think i can check...just send it or attach it via pm) or a screenshot showing your PDMS Folder contents like the following one (don't worry you WON'T get the same one on your screen...here, ugslmd refers to Unigraphics NX, which uses FLEXLM too...like many other programs as i told you !):

[This link Point to another website Only registered and activated users can see links.] ...ONLY then, will i be logically able to continue my explanations / carry on with steps 8-) etc and the PDMS configuration itself...you get it ??

Regards.

Last edited by alwaw911; 04-22-2010 at 07:45 PM.

Thanks
                the solution the 1 quiz is that i`m runing with a ----- wich raplace the original one just like the guy explain it to you but i can`t runn the full product Aveva Plant & marine .The answear to the secound quiz is that you run all executabile in compatibility mode (SP2) that vista alow it .

pdmsuser (06-06-2012)

Thanks
                  Quote Originally Posted by ponpyka View Post
                  the solution the 1 quiz is that i`m runing with a ----- wich raplace the original one just like the guy explain it to you but i can`t runn the full product Aveva Plant & marine .The answear to the secound quiz is that you run all executabile in compatibility mode (SP2) that vista alow it .
                  +1 Thx ponpyka for that QUICK reply of yours !!...you call that 'quiz' lol?, so ok, you can run it under Vista : now your pb is you can run it 'successfully/but not fully', right ?? lol,...what are your LIMITATIONS exactly, can u at least access all modules (Design/Admin/Draft/Isodraft/Paragon/etc) in PDMS v12?!,...in any case, i think you can't run 'full product Aveva Plant & Marine' as you say : makes no sense because products are released separately (pre-v12 i.e v11.4/v11.5/v11.6 on CDs, v12/v12 sp1/etc on DVD-Rs), it's normally Aveva Plant (with PDMS) OR Aveva Marine (with Hull & Outfitting) that companies will purchase depending on their business, see this link :

[This link Point to another website Only registered and activated users can see links.] and

Regards and let us know.

Last edited by alwaw911; 04-22-2010 at 08:10 PM.

pdmsuser (06-06-2012)

Thanks

Smile

Yes your raight separate product Aveva marine(which by the way i`m looking for) Aveva Plant and some other varants use the same pdms module (with a small difference).The limitation are that i can use only pdms 12 all sub-modules(design ....) but not AVEVA Global,Area Based,Multi Discipline Supports,Model Management ,P&ID Designer & Manager wich requiest a full license. Let me know, please if you have a variant of Aveva Marine,Vantage Marine.

regards,

pdmsuser (06-06-2012)

Thanks

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ponpyka View Post
                      Yes your raight separate product Aveva marine(which by the way i`m looking for) Aveva Plant and some other varants use the same pdms module (with a small difference).The limitation are that i can use only pdms 12 all sub-modules(design ....) but not AVEVA Global,Area Based,Multi Discipline Supports,Model Management ,P&ID Designer & Manager wich requiest a full license. Let me know, please if you have a variant of Aveva Marine,Vantage Marine.
                      regards,
                      ok got it : "those modules included in your PDMS 12 package are available but NOT accessible (sounds like ' a good taste of commercial policy' here)",...or there's no cr@ck or license file coming with it, right ??...another good question to ask oneself is also : "do you NEED all those sub-modules/add-ons in your day-to-day tasks ?"...and SORRY guy, i'm not in the Marine business / it's AVEVA Plant i use and the Energy field i'm interested in, but look at the other thread here where bajwa75 shared AVEVA Tribon M3 (?) though i have no idea at all 'what this product is for ?" :

cheers.

Last edited by alwaw911; 04-23-2010 at 02:20 AM.

pdmsuser (06-06-2012)

Thanks

Smile thanks

Ok thanks your raight this time too i don`t need those module but i`d like to have Aveva marine.About the posting of that guy ,thaks but it is a misunderstanding is not Aveva tribon m3 is ksc tribon m3 a older version of aveva marine (more like the one wich do not have pdms )

•