Now We can access Petroleum Community by domain www.petrolcom.net______________ website new domain www.petrolcom.net
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Requsting DCS training material.

Thanks

Exclamation Requsting DCS training material.

Can anyone share the training material for any DCS system ?

Thank You

2. # ADS
    Spons Circuit advertisement

Thanks
    same with bryandown*
    where can i find it?

Thanks before.

4.    Sponsored Links

-

Thanks
    what kind of material do you need? If you need any general material* i am not sure. However* we have to go through the Honeywell / Emerson / Yokogawa system manuals to learn the systems.

I can tell you what to look for in these books. The basic break up for any control system will be:

1. Introduction / Overview to the control system.... Specific to the manufacturer. (I can provide you the Honeywell book).
    2. Planning Stage ---- types of Networks (Fault Tolerant Ethernet / Modbus / Fieldbus / Profibus etc)* types of Servers (Databse Server* Server* Historian Server*OPC Server* third party server etc)* types of Operator Stations* Domain controller* Types of Interfacing ----- OPC / SCADA etc.
    3. Design Stage ---- Design of networks* network configuration* system configuration etc. It includes the interfacing philosophy with safety Systems also.
    4. Engineering ---- IO Database* Marshalling loading* IO load / power calculations / FF segment loading calculations / control strategies required / control narrative. Also graphics (inclduingstatic graphics heirarchy)* dynamic linking* face plates* alarms* alarm groups* events* trends* history* configuration of assets etc.
    5. Testing - Software / Hardware testing --- Involves FACTORY ACCEPTANCE TEST* SITE ACCEPTANCE TEST. --- This stage calls for a lot of approved templates for testing / programming / validation etc.

6. Most important from End User Perspective ---- Systems security planning* data protection (backup planning* disaster management & recovery) etc.

If you need further info* please let me know.

Also if the forum wishes* i can prepare excellent presentations (animated videos) & post them on the forum.

Thanks

[This link Point to another website Only registered and activated users can see links.]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to najjarja For This Useful Post:

defence12 (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    link is not working. kindly share it again

Thanks
    @sharmeen Try this (Yokogawa CS3000 manual's collection CD)

[This link Point to another website Only registered and activated users can see links.]

@mrkssatry* could you upload the introduction (honeywell)* planning stage* design stage and engineering. thanks in advamce

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to bega For This Useful Post:

defence12 (12-07-2012), dzunglv (08-13-2012), nikhils87 (12-03-2012), techindia2010 (05-29-2012), the.starcraft2 (12-26-2011)

Thanks
    Dear Mr. mrkssastry
    kindly post them in the forum

Thanks
    Sir. Please send me the Honeywell Book Please.main_zia@yahoo.com
    Thanks a lot.
    Best regards
    Zia-ur-Rehman
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkssastry View Post
    what kind of material do you need? If you need any general material* i am not sure. However* we have to go through the Honeywell / Emerson / Yokogawa system manuals to learn the systems.

I can tell you what to look for in these books. The basic break up for any control system will be:

1. Introduction / Overview to the control system.... Specific to the manufacturer. (I can provide you the Honeywell book).
    2. Planning Stage ---- types of Networks (Fault Tolerant Ethernet / Modbus / Fieldbus / Profibus etc)* types of Servers (Databse Server* Server* Historian Server*OPC Server* third party server etc)* types of Operator Stations* Domain controller* Types of Interfacing ----- OPC / SCADA etc.
    3. Design Stage ---- Design of networks* network configuration* system configuration etc. It includes the interfacing philosophy with safety Systems also.
    4. Engineering ---- IO Database* Marshalling loading* IO load / power calculations / FF segment loading calculations / control strategies required / control narrative. Also graphics (inclduingstatic graphics heirarchy)* dynamic linking* face plates* alarms* alarm groups* events* trends* history* configuration of assets etc.
    5. Testing - Software / Hardware testing --- Involves FACTORY ACCEPTANCE TEST* SITE ACCEPTANCE TEST. --- This stage calls for a lot of approved templates for testing / programming / validation etc.

6. Most important from End User Perspective ---- Systems security planning* data protection (backup planning* disaster management & recovery) etc.

Also if the forum wishes* i can prepare excellent presentations (animated videos) & post them on the forum.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkssastry View Post

Waiting too long for your post man !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks

ABB System Manual

Can any one share ABB System Manual?

bzbipin

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    what system of ABB ?

Thanks
    Can anyone help me in the following...............

or if anyone has CBT training on PLC or DCS please PM me

Thanks

•