ipt type="text/javascript"> (fun

Thread: Tolerance for wall thickness

Thanks

Tolerance for wall thickness

Hi

I want to ask...............How to calculate the wall thickness for pipe including the tolerance mil (table 11) as per as API 5L 44Th Edition ( October 2008).

Regards

See More: Tolerance for wall thickness

2. # ADS
    Spons Circuit

Thanks
    When I calculate the wall thickness, I take the smallest POSSIBLE thickness. If the published thickness was 0.25" and mill tolerance was 12.5%, I would use (1-.125)*.25"=0.21875" as the smallest thickness.

If I was calculating the thickness of the pipe based on 31.1, 31.3, 31.8, etc. , I would make sure I chose a pipe (don't forget to subtract mill tolerances, thread allowances, if needed and corrosion allowances) whose thickness was greater than the calculated thickess above.

am I confusing?

My threads; engineeringguy :

4.    Sponsored Links

-

Thanks

Question offset between 2 longitudinal seam

Dear All members,

I would like to know what is the permissible limit of offset when joining between 2 welded pipe(longitudinal seam). ASME VIII clearly stated but B31.3 silent on it. Any other reference, code or recommended practice that i can refer to it. If any could you share with me. Thank in advance for you cooperation

Regards

Suhairi

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Please see the following CR4 Thread with a solved example per ASME code indicating how to calculate the min. pipe wall thickness, taking into consideration the tolerance: link Point to another website You need to be logged in ,in order to see it.

The pipe wall thickness tolerance as per API 5L is in accordance with Table 9, see the following CR4 Thread : link Point to another website You need to be logged in ,in order to see it.
    Last edited by Abdel Halim Galala; 08-23-2009 at 09:46 AM.

•